Saturday, April 18, 2009

Introducing: Icecream Madness

Last week I had a visitor, Christian, who loves ice cream and always discovers the newest, strangest and most delicious ice cream creations in the freezer section, local ice creamery and private cookbook of secret ice creamers.. When I saw him last, he introduced me to Pomegranate-Chocolate, which is outstanding. This time, in Nashville, there were no really wild things to be found, but we ate lots of ice cream anyway...

This morning I remembered that there is one ice creamer in Nashville who is really crazy. She designs ice cream that no one has ever heard of, creations so utterly unspeakable that I have to talk about them here, starting now, tasting soon... Without further introduction:

Welcome to the new section of TasteBuds: Icecream Madness!, by Elin

My ice cream inventions date back to my first ice cream maker, obtained as a gift from my dear & master-chef mom in 1996, I believe. Maybe christmas 1995. A while ago.

I started simple: lemon ice cream, the most difficult and complex of the simple flavors that I know of. I tend to eat lemon ice cream in any ice cream store, first thing, to find out how they do it, what their philosophy is about and whether I wanna steal their recipe..
After years of making cream, yoghurt, and buttermilk based lemon flavors I figured that it is one of those things that one day I will discover perfection and die with heavenly lemon ice cream on the tip of my tongue.
So, I haven't tried anymore, I'll start again maybe when I turn 80 or so.. just in case I'm right.

After the first lemon, I became inventive. Some of it is actually quite good, although opinions varied about the smoked trout ice cream on horseradish whipped cream..

I wrote my private ice cream cookbook (and one I gifted to my mom a few years back, with pencil drawings of each recipe), containing some tested and lots of never realized recipes, ranging from classic sweet to savory, from standard compositions to crazy concoctions - be prepared, they will make their entrance into the world on online cooking.

Now.

:)

No comments:

 
Blog Flux Local - Tennessee Add to Technorati Favorites Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory blogarama.com